Who manages this website?
This website is owned by Advanced Valeting and Detailing and is managed by Southern IT Ltd.
Changes to this policy
The Data Protection Act
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
What information do we collect?
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer's hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Depending on which site facilities you use, we collect several different types of information:
- Website usage information - see below.
- Information that you provide for specific purposes eg email addresses, publication mailing address, and contact information.
- We keep to strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to your details.
Website usage information
We collect Website usage information
- to help us assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- to help us improve the usage of the website
- to improve the design of the website and make it more usable for you.
- We collect website usage from a number of sources:
- Our web server.
- URLs passed to us when you enter our site.
- A selection of Internet Service Providers.
- A selection of Search Engine Companies.
In all cases, website usage information excludes any information that can be traced back to you, so is non-personal in the meaning of the Data Protection Act.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, track users' movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Cookies are small files that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookie directory of your computer. A cookie often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies do not damage your computer. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. You can decide if you want to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser to either accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
There are two types of cookie. Persistent cookies remain on your computer for a specified time, like six or 12 months. We bo NOT use persistent cookies to collect website usage information for use as described above. These cookies contain no personal information and cannot be used to identify you. Persistent cookies are NOT used on this site.
Session-specific cookies are deleted when you leave the website. We use session cookies for the following purposes:
- to hold the information given while using an interactive tool on the website
- to hold your details when you are logged into the site
- to hold your search criteria while you are doing a search of the website
- to collect website usage information for use as described above. Website usage information cookies contain no personal information and cannot be used to identify you.
We may use java applets, which are small programs, to collect anonymous web usage information for the purposes described above. You can disable this technology by turning off java support in your browser, with no ill effect on your use of the website.
Information collected from our website via any of the mechanisms described above is processed solely for the purposes of Southern IT Ltd, and is used solely for the purposes of improving the quality of the website and reporting general statistical information. None of the information above can be related to an individual user of the website.
In some cases, we do use personal information about you, but only information that you provide. There are two types of personal information that we use; transitory information (which is used briefly for a specific purpose) and stored information (which is kept for future visits).
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
You will be asked for contact details when you use any of the following site facilities:
- Email this page - in this case, the email address you type is not retained by us.
- Feedback - the purpose of this is to enable you to give us comments or raise issues about the website. You are asked to give an email address only if you want a reply. This address is forwarded with your feedback and is not retained on the website.
Linking to other websites
Right to request information
You have a right to request a copy of any personal data held by the web site owner at any time (for which we charge £10), in order to check its accuracy. If you wish to do this, please write to: